Material Type: Circulation Period: Fine per Item:
All Items (except Videos) 14 Days Ten cents per day.
Videos 7 Days One dollar per day.
Video Rules: There is no charge for videos. All videos must be returned at least five minutes before closing on the due date. The maximum number of DVD's
per library card is 5.
Lost Library Card replacement fee is three dollars.
You may not check out materials without your library card present.
Internet/Computer Access is only available with your Margate Library Card. Black printing is .10 cents per page, color printing is .25 cents per page.
Identification Required for Library Card
To successfully apply for a library card, you must provide one of the following documents displaying an Atlantic County Address:
1) NJ DMV Driver's License or NJ DMV ID Card
2) Atlantic County ID Card
3) Voter Registration Card
4) A one Year Lease or Copy of Tax Bill
5) A computer produced bill from: Atlantic Electric, Comcast, Verizon, or South Jersey Gas
6) New Jersey Casino Control Commission License
The following Items are NOT acceptable proof of residence:
1) A Post Office Box
2) Reference to a number in a telephone book
3) Credit Cards, Checks, Or Bank Statements
4) Social Security Card
6) Letters from Condo Associations or Contractor Receipts
The Identification must be in your name, must be current, and must have the same address that you indicate on your application.
There is an optional non-resident card for anyone who cannot offer proof of Atlantic County as oultined above. The fee is ten dollars per year.
DOWNLOAD the Margate City Public Library Application Form. Present it at the circulation desk along with your proof of residence.